Easy recipe – takes 35-45 mins cooking + 15 mins prep. Can swap limes for lemon or orange, or a mix. Makes 12 slices (works out at 8 weightwatchers points a slice)
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 200g sugar (+ 1 tbs for the drizzle)
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 limes, zested and juiced
- 225ml soya milk (almond or oat also works)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Mix the oil, sugar and lime zest together.
- Add the flour, milk, bicarbonate of soda and 1tbs lime juice.
- Pour into the lined tin and bake for 35-45 mins (depends on your oven, and you might need to put some foil over the top for the last 10 mins of baking to stop the top catching).
- Meanwhile put the remaining 1tbs sugar and remaining lime juice in a bowl. Just before the cake is due to come out, heat in the microwave for 30 secs (you don’t have to, but it means the syrup soaks deeper into the cake).
- When the cake is done (springs back when touched), take it out of the oven, pierce with a skewer and spoon the syrup over the cake.
- Cool and enjoy.