Based on a WeightWatchers recipe. Could swap the beans for 300g cooked diced chicken; and add Parmesan at the end when you serve. Is also nice cold with salad for lunch the next day.
Takes 35 mins + prep
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- About 2cm of red chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 medium courgette (zucchini), diced
- 150g mushrooms, diced
- 275g arborio rice
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 x 400g tin aduki beans, drained and rinsed
- 350ml stock
- A little oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Heat the oil, saute the onions for 5 mins until soft, add the garlic and chilli and cook for another minute.
3. Add the rice, and stir for a minute.
4. Add the tomatoes, stock and vegetables.
5. Bring to the boil, add the beans, then transfer the lot to a casserole dish, cover, and bake for 25 mins until the rice is tender and liquid absorbed.