Weight change this week: 2.5 lbs down (total loss 9.5 lbs)
Exercise this week: daily dog-walk; Wednesday, C25K training; Thursday, lots of steps in London (!); Monday, C25K training (w2 d1 – 1.5min running intervals); Tuesday, HIIT circuits.
What worked well/tip of the week: Planning round meals out
Bits where I had to think: Dinner out in London on Thursday, afternoon tea in London on Friday, dinner out on Saturday – planned it in advance so I had zero-point breakfast and dinner on Friday in particular.
What needs to change next week: nothing – keep up the good work!
Mindset: pleased with the results so am keeping going
Favourite/new recipe this week: cottage pie with caluiflower topping – serves 4
- 1 large cauliflower
- 250g 5% fat beef mince (could use poultry mince or Quorn)
- 1 X 400g tin of chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 red (bell) pepper, deseeded and diced
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large stick celery, sliced
- 1/2 a medium courgette (zucchini), diced
- 1 beef stock cube
- 40g reduced fat cheese, grated (use the fine side of the grater)
Steam the cauliflower, then mash it.
While the cauli’s steaming, brown the mince in a pan (if it’s non-stick you won’t need oil); then drain the mince, add all the other ingredients except for the cheese, and simmer for 30 mins until the carrot’s soft.
Place the mixture in a large casserole dish, top with the mashed cauli, sprinkle the cheese on top, and bake at 180 degrees for 40 mins.
(The sauce also works really well as a pasta sauce, with a jacket potato or rice – and you can mix things up a bit by adding beans/chilli/smoked paprika, or changing the the veg.)