What’s happening in my world, this week:
- Work: writing M&B #85 (Medical Romance set in a GP surgery with a PAT dog); updating my website one backlist book per day; and faffing about with my Big Book;
- Reading: CJ Sansom, Lamentation (enjoyed); Sarah Morgan, How to Keep a Secret (think this is her best one to date – really enjoyed it);
- Looking forward to: King Lear at the Duke of York Theatre (Ian McKellen)
- Workouts: dog walking, and lots of walking in Bath and Bristol
- Planet Kate last week: mainly working; took Chloe out in my car for the first time; took Chloe to Bristol for a look round the uni and then stayed overnight (it’s a long way!) and had a bucket-list day in Bath. Was fabulous to visit the Abbey, the Baths (the curse tablets have been on my wishlist for a very long time), trying the spa water (quite sulphurous and WARM!), lunch in a nice indie veggie cafe, a general wander to soak up the architecture, and a visit to Herschel’s house (amazing to stand in the very garden where Uranus was discovered).
- Fave pic from the last week – difficult to choose! So here is the Roman bath; a lead tablet which has the only surviving example of Celtic writing (in Latin letters); William Herschel’s garden, where he discovered Uranus (and Caroline discovered a comet and also corrected Flamsteed’s tables); Caroline Herschel’s dress (she was so tiny, bless her); a night watchman’s sentry box from 1810; and Norfolk Terrace (my son took his first steps on the grass outside here, 20 years ago)